Thursday, December 6, 2007

As we cover our heads and drink heavily into the night...

Tra-la-la…sitting at work waiting for the phone to ring. Holla! So, my new job…

I work in a little fish bowl according to the guy from Jimmy John’s who brought us free samples last week. The job is pretty great, well the first half of my shift is. After everyone leaves time sort of stops and I refresh the screen maybe 8,000 times hoping for an email so I’ll have something to do. But sometimes the phone won’t ring for 40 minutes at a time and there’s only so much surfing I can do on the web/how many times I can check myspace, facebook and the blogs I read. Basically, I run out of shit to do. So, I’m guessing, this will mean that I will be doing a lot more writing.

Exciting. I know, right?

Today, Kaitlyn brought in pistachios. They were delicious and according to Jean, they also help prevent cancer. Double Holla! The bag was pretty funny too.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


You can’t really tell, but the bag says “Catch Me On The Web…” Kaitlyn was quick to note how hilarious that woman looks with her scarf blowing in the wind as she drives her convertible peanut. Awesome.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I have refreshed Riese’s blog approx. 87 times in the last 15 minutes. I’m waiting for her to finish out secrets weeks(s). I’m wicked excited. Maybe I’ll go back and read everything in her archives from before I started reading her stuff a couple years ago.

I apologize for the rambling. I am totally pulling a fifth grade reading exercise right now and just freewriting about absolutely nothing. Blah blah blah. Haha. Awesome.

This was my Tuesday night:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Oh, and this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Waaaaay too much wine and then I went and bought a pack of cloves. In case you didn’t know, I quit smoking. Sort of. Whenever alcohol is present, I instantly crave cloves like whoa.

If I am not near alcohol, I do great with not smoking even a little bit. But, once I even smell alcohol, let alone get drunk, all bets are off. There’s just something so incredibly satisfying about smoking while drinking. It’s almost as if killing one organ at a time is not enough emo self-destruction for me. I must, MUST knock out at least two at a time.

[Meanwhile, back in the land of Lemon Laws...]

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


No one EVER has a pen. I don’t understand why anyone would call our number and not have a pen and pad within arm’s reach. This is a law office. I mean, for real. Some people call here looking for recall info and they NEVER have a pen. They’re the worst by far. If you were calling absolutely any number for info, get a freaking pen. I mean, their memory is obvs shit cause they can’t even remember a pen, do they think they can commit whatever information I might give them to memory? If they do, they are really, really a lot dumber than I thought.

Anyway…

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I’m listening to Motion City Soundtrack and they are fantastic. I saw them live maybe a month ago, maybe less. I have no concept of time, as that would probably require consuming less alcohol and sleeping more. And that’s not gonna happen any time soon.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


So I saw MCS a few weeks ago and they were so much fun. The lead singer has the funniest hair ever.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Well, no one’s is funnier or more insane looking than, say Robert Smith…

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


…or Phil Spector…

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


…or Donald Trump.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Haha. Awesome. I love crazy hair. Mine is currently in desperate need of a cut. It’s getting so fucking long I can hardly stand it. Natalie, if you are reading this CALL ME. I am dying. You see, my hair is supposed to look sort of, kind of like this, or at least this length:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
TAG this image

Instead, my hair kind of looks like this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The picture is a couple months old, but you get the idea. If I don’t get my hair cut frequently enough, I start looking like a drag queen, according to Cal Schwartz. And he’s a gay man, so he knows.

So, yeah, I need a hair cut like whoa.

I have no idea what I was talking about or how I transitioned so quickly from my accidental drunken Tuesday night, to crazy hair and then back to me. Ah well, onwards and upwards…

I la-la-love the new L Word teaser for season 5. It’s all kinds of amazing. You should check it out. For real. I would not steer you wrong when it comes to The L Word.



P.S. JP: you know you love that I just went against your little nugget of knowledge. Haha. Awesome.

So, The L Word is gonna be amazing. I am all kinds of looking forward to next year. This year was insane. January 2008 will mark the glorious return of The L Word, my return to WSU classes (hello play analysis!), The L Word recaps by the lovely Riese, one month closer to any season other than winter, broken resolutions and maybe, just maybe, the beginning of a year in which I fuck up a lot less. But, let’s be real; I’m not holding my breath. You shouldn’t either.

Here’s a picture of me and JP:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


She’s special. And not in a retarded kind of way. In our friendship, I am the retard. But it’s all good, cause I feel a lot less anxious that way, when people kind of already, basically expect nothing but me fucking up. I think I sleep better at night that way.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
TAG this image

Hey! ‘Hatful’ cast, crew, etc.: you are for real missing out. Ted, we need to do tea. I completely forgot we had a date. My bad. Remember all that stuff I JUST said about being retarded? See, what I mean? Anyway, I think you (Hatful folks, and non-Hatful folks too I guess. The more the merrier!) should give me a call. Or poke me on facebook. Whatevs. Let’s all get together and get sloppy drunk and get Ted to dance on top of a bar again.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
TAG this image

That’s Ted lying on the ground in rehearsal way back when. He’s pretty.
Here’s ONE more picture. My dad is the coolest.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
TAG this image

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the prettiest girl ever...I love that you always pick the best pictures of me to put on your freaking blog..thank you! :)

Frank said...

First of all, I like that this blog is nice and cheerful. Despite how sad I get sometimes, I always find that writing about cheerful stuff makes me feel better.

Secondly, I greatly enjoy Motion City Soundtrack as well. I've been getting into them alot more as my music tastes have changed. I've seen them twice in concert and it was pretty much amazing.

Thirdly, stop smoking dammit! I don't know what the hell a "clove" is but I'm sure it wasn't meant to be smoked. Shame on you. Although, if they found a way to turn something like Snickers or bacon into a cigarette, I'd be a 40-a-day guy.

Fourthly, seeing the picture of your dad made me realise how much I miss that man and his cooking. We need to invite ourselves over to his place soon, because I'm sick of dining hall food and my own cooking skills are modest at best.