Monday, January 7, 2008

Lush. [my "L" word]

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Last sunday night was the L word premiere.

Let me tell you how long I've been waiting to say that. Like most of my friends, I already saw the TV-14 version of the episode last weekend on OurChart. And let me just say that I la-la-loved it. Sweet Jesus. Well done, guys. And by guys, I mean Angela Robinson because she is the greatest thing that has ever happened to that show. Everytime I see her name in the opening credits my heart skips a beat. I am madly in love with everything she's done for that show.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Here's to you, [Ms.] Robinson! You are awesome.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from the viewing, when we were at 9 in Ferndale, which, ps, was a blast.

But we DID get some photos at Soho. Here's the gang from the night.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


We had so much fun. The night became so much more than The L Word, mostly because we drank so much alcohol...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Oh man that night was fun. Ask anyone who was there. It was packed, but not stupid packed like last year. Last year made me wanna punch babies; it was so crowded and loud I thought I might scream. But then, no one would've heard me and so, it would've been a waste of time.

But this year! This year, there were tons of lesbians and they were all classy, using their inside voices and what not during the screening except for whenever Helena or Tasha would enter the frame. Then, they would go ape shit and scream and holla! for how incredibly hot they are.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


See what I mean? For the most part though, the ladies were quiet. We sipped the first of countless drinks the first few hours while we were at 9.

And then... we went to Soho.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Chelsea did karaoke and I helped by interrupting midway through the song to make her pose for a picture. I'm a really supportive friend. Also, I only kind of remember that picture being taken.

The night felt really super long. You know how when you were in high school and you would smoke pot with your friends and then wander around, first to the movie theatre. The journey across the parking lot would take so long that your high would set in all the way, preventing you from ever actually buying a ticket and sitting in a theatre because you were too busy trying to stand still and be part of a conversation at the same time in the lobby. Then you decided Wendy's would be a good idea since you were sooooo hungry. You crossed the endless parking lot, got into the car, drove to Wendy's, ordered your food, waited what felt like 5 hours for the food to make it onto your tray and then ate it. Then, you got back into the car and drove to Baskin Robbins cause you wanted something sweet, paused to tie your shoe for what felt like another 5 hours because you could not for the life of you find one of the laces. Got the ice cream and got back into the car, only to realize that roughly 45 minutes had passed since you arrived at the movie theatre.

Yeah, It was kind of like that.

For instance, when I saw this picture the next day:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I was really confused. I could've sworn that I was with Chelsea when she bought those cigarettes because they're a different kind and I remembered her being really impressed when the clerk gave them to her. She asked for Cherry's and he said, "Have you tried these?"

And she made this face:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and then bought the fancy new cloves. But I could not for the life of me, remember when that happened. And then I was like, oh yeah, that was the same night.

Very long night.

At some point the following things happened and were then documented in photographs:

I thought it would be cool for Rori to sit on two chairs at the same time.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I danced with Vince. A lot.:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Celia and Chelsea "danced":
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I danced like a spaz with Chelsea and a couple of pool sticks to Kelly Clarkson:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Made Chelsea hug me a million times. This is her account:

"Dude, I knew you were fuckin wasted when you kept going 'bring it in. c'mon, bring it in for the real thing.' and then you'd hug me. [laughs] You made me hug you like ten million times. Dude, you were shitty, shitty drunk."

My response: "Good times."
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I honestly cannot remember a good portion of the night. If I had to make a rough estimate, I would say that I cannot remember any solid/vague details from the last 2-3 hours of the night. And that might even be a conservative guess. Again, I have no idea. I just kind of tried to guess by the photographs and what everyone else said.

At some point, we left the bar and I was partially, if not entirely responsible for the following:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I had a thing for the street lamps:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And a thing for pretending to pee on things:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


We took such a long time "finding the car" that Chelsea and I stopped for a cigarette break.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I'm pretty sure that Rori wanted to light me on fire. I kept harassing her into taking picture after picture. But really, can you blame me? There are some pretty good ones in there.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


After we went back to my apt. I thought it wouldbe a great idea to wake up JP who was sound asleep. But really, it's just because I love JP so much and I wanted to say 'hello'. Apparantly, I woke her up by dancing around in the spare room all by myself, no music, no lights. Just me dancing, and her waking to what must have been the most ridiculous sight ever. Why? Why was I dancing? I have no effing clue. But it probs seemed like a great idea at the time.

Once she opened her eyes I got really close to her and started to apologize, "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?"

"Um...yeah creeper. You did."

"Sorry. I am sooooo drunk."

"I can see that."

I love JP. :D

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Rori says I passed out with a plate of pasta on my bed/self. And you know what? I totally believe her because I woke up the next morning and I was all, "huh? what? is it daytime? do i really have to be to work in 2 hours?"

I didn't get sick, but I did have a massive headache. But it was completely worth it. I am so glad that the L word sundays are back in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though you chose the pirate picture of me it is still VERY clear that you are the craziest one out of these two besties :) BTW you completly left out why I was sound asleep in your apartment while you were out at the bar :)

Anonymous said...

Hey crazy... you should fix the photos that don't work on here :P