Friday, January 11, 2008

we've got eyes that leave us in places we don't see.



My eyeballs hurt.

I cannot find my glasses anywhere and it's driving me nuts because I can't read without practically touching my eyeballs to the words. I have a wicked headache and I wish to god, or allah, or whomever, that I would not have misplaced them last night/this morning.

Don't ask me why I'm writing right now. It just felt right, I think. My bosses have been dicks today.

Have you ever worked at a law firm? Yeah. Don't. ">Lawyers are assholes. Every single one I have ever encountered in my life possesses a bottomless well of asshole potential. Some of the attorneys here are all potential assholes. But the partners, they are all kinetic about that shit. They've made people cry before.

Me, I refuse to let my superiors make me cry. I've come close before with crazy customers when I used to work in retail. But I have never given anyone the satisfaction of witnessing me shed a tear at work. No ma'am. I refuse.

But today, they really tested my patience. The partners here and most of the people that have called in today have been royal assholes. I know that today is friday, but it def feels like a monday. So, you know, TGIF everybody! and what-have-you.

Also, I think Phil Collins is one of the worst things that ever happened to music, except maybe Michael Bolton, who I also loathe. I don't care if Phil Collins does appear on Chelsea's iPod, that man's voice makes me wanna punch babies.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Phil Collins: I don't like your music. Also, radio stations: please try and keep it to one Phil Collins song a day. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Can we talk about Facebook for a hot second?

Where, sweet Jesus, did all of those fucking applications come from. Right now, as I'm typing this, I have 20+ application "requests" on my account. I have saved them all so I could keep track of how ridiculous they are and also to discuss them here.

There are as follows:

Which swear word are you?
Slayer
Hot or Not
Friend for Sale (4 of these)
One Track (i have no fucking clue what this one even means)
PetrolHead (wtf? srsly.)
Hotness
Human Pets
Oregon Trail (4 of these too! Do i look like my cousin James 12 years ago?)
Rockstar Cars
Bumper Sticker
Secret Admirer
My Heroes Ability
Snowball Fight!
Speed Racer
What Blood Type Are You? (i have this info on my donor card, which i have misplaced)
Make A Baby

Seriously. Facebook applications creators? W? T? F? Why have you created 8,000 of applications so my friends and sort of friends can send me invites ad nauseum? Totally unnecessary and ridiculous. I don't understand any of it.

I can say without shame that I use a few applications. I all kinds of love Growing Gifts and Naughty Gifts were fun for like, a couple weeks. But, do I want to be a zombie or a pirate or a werewolf? No. Guys, the answer is no. I want to email my friends and tag the shit out of them in photos and that's about it.

Facebook used to be my favorite thing ever and now it's just really pissing me off. It almost makes me as crazy as myspace sometimes does. I mean, I feel crazy when I think to myself, "maybe I'll check myspace first cause if I read one more application request my head might explode."

That's bad, guys. Facebook used to be the place to go when you wanted to get a nice list of specific interests, common friends and photo albums. Now it is almost my least favorite thing ever. I used to love leaving my friends little notes and jokes and sarcastic remarks on their "walls". But those days are long gone. I just can't bare to wade through 30 applications, scrolling what feels like an eternity to get to an "advanced wall" (WTF is that about, ps) and STILL not make it to their goddamn wall! It's just fucking stupid. And I hate it. I hate the applications. I think I'm going to get rid of all of the ones that I have.

Yep. I said it. Goodbye applications.

Sorry. I just had to get that Facebook shit off my chest. You know what I'm really loving right now? Sara Bareilles. Her CD is really good. I've been listening to it a lot this entire week. If you haven't, check it out.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


There's an official video for the song and it's weird and retarded and really kind of lame. But then there's this other video that's of her and her guitarist playing it live in a little studio or something. That one is way better.

Also. I was on OurChart.com, because it's ours and what have you. I came upon a video of the premiere. It's pretty typical with the red carpet and whatever. But, if you make it to the end of the video you will come upon a sight that made me LOL like whoa. Kate Moennig is sitting in a booth with her arm on the back sitting next to, none other than Paris fucking Hilton. (????) I was all, "whaaaaa?" Clearly, she was looking very Shane that day, I mean night.

Yeah. I don't know how I feel about it, as if it even matters. But, you know, discuss is amongst yourselves. And watch it here.

I'll leave you with this:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

6 comments:

Rachel said...

yeah my love affair with facebook was short lived. I had been on myspace for a year or so and was content, but then Spenser informed me that the only way to stay in touch with him was to get a facebook account and that only the cool people had one. Once I started I found myself sucked into a black hole of snowball fights, zombie battles, and superpoking. I think I caught ADD from it all. Needless to say I moved onto a more "mature" site called blogspot and will no longer acknowledge that I have a brother called Spenser.


P.S. I love that song

Anonymous said...

"W? T? F?" Is what I have to say about Kate Moennig's arm on the back of Paris Hilton's chair.... & Paris Hilton... wig? Hair? What?

Eyes, Lawyers, Facebook apps & (see above)... all basically W? T? F? (I like that, Elida.

Annabell said...

I know exactly how you feel w/o your glasses. Actually I am typing this right now without them, because I am to lazy to go in the other room and grab them. But anyway, I can understand your frustration with lawyers. I've had to deal with a lot. Been in trouble more than enough. I'd have to agree with you on most of them having asshole potential. The only one that I thought was ever nice was the court appointed one that I had. Oh well.
As for facebook, I know for a fact that David and I sent you the friends for sale one, but it's actually funny. All the other shit, I'm with you, I'm going to say buh bye to them. lol
Well, we should get together soon and do dinner.
Talk to ya

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

bareilles is fantastic!
i discovered "gravity" a while ago
and fell in love

Anonymous said...

BACK OFF BABY! I meant to respond earlier this week. You OBVIOUSLY lack the ability or knowledge or history to critique music from the late 20th century. Phil Collins did much for music, like most artist from a generation before, they had many good influences on the type of music you do like. SO BACK OFF BABY! You are much to young to appreciate his music. In his era most of the music REALLY SUCKED. With only a handful of music that can stand the test of time. He was original and a breath of fresh air, no one sounded like he did/does. SO BACK OFF BABY!