Wednesday, April 2, 2008

raindrops on roses

So... I have started and abandoned exactly 84 posts. And, you know, a lot has gone down since my last post. Val was here the weekend before last and that was amazing.

By that Sunday I was a bell jar, and that sort of bled into Monday, which bled into a rough 24 hour stretch that tested me in a number of ways. But, seeing as how I rarely blog about dramatic shit (to protect the innocent/in favor of not bumming everyone out/etc.), I am going to blog about something that has absolutely nothing to do with unhappiness.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Here are a few of my favorite things right now...

Bravo's TOP CHEF (Chicago)



I la-la-love this show for so many reasons. First of all, I love making food. I don't flex my cooking muscles as often as I should, really. I did last night though, ps. I made tortellini in a roasted garlic parmesan tomato sauce topped with fresh grated parmesan and then made my signature dish: bruchetta.

Anyway, I love this show. For anyone who doesn't know, the show is like Project Runway in the kitchen. They have 15 or so contestants and give them crazy challenges, but they all involve food. Last week the chefs had to cater to a zoo benefit dinner, designing their menu around the diets of some of the animals.

I mean, that's some crazy shit. I love watching them flip out in the kitchen, fighting over burners and sabotaging each other with missing ingredients and misinformation. Somehow, they all manage to put together a plate of food that I have never, ever seen before, but would totally eat (except the meat).

It drives Rori crazy when I watch it, but I swear it's good. Oh, and there's a lesbo couple on the show too. One of them has a faux hawk, the other wears big dangly turqouise earrings, AND there's a dude on the show with a faux hawk too. I'm rethinking my hairstyle.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Also, if you click on the link to the dude with the faux hawk, you'll see him wearing pink crocks. Why are people still wearing those? And if you want to know how to style a faux hawk, look no further.

Enchanted



Oh. My. God. Have you seen this movie yet? I wish I would've seen it in theatres, but it was still awesome watching it at home.

This movie has most everything I love in a movie: singing, dancing, animation transported into reality, Manhattan, precocious little girls, a naive leading lady, talking animals and a BA wicked witch. OMG, and the ginormous dance number in central park seriously made my heart smile:



I know that might sound really queer, but I swear it's cute AND funny and not annoying at all. I've been humming one of the songs for a week now and Rori nearly kicks me when I launch into "I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss..."

this video i found on youtube

I typed my name in the search field and this was one of the things that popped up. Apparently, there is some other Elida out there charming the pants off of somebody, so much so, that they were inspired to make a youtube video about her.



I have decided to be a big giant creep ass and make one as an ode to my bestie, JP. As soon as it is completed, I will have it up here.

the band

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The ladies and I made things official in January. I remember the exact date. It was January 12th. I remember the exact date because I used a bit of forethought. It was the first night we played together as a group. Afterwards, we got shitty drunk. Chelsea passed out on the couch in Jessy's old room and I set up the air mattress for Noel in the music room/living room.

I have a pretty good memory, but never would've remembered the date so I saved the following text message so that I wouldn't have to rely on my blurry hung over memory. I received this the following morning from Chelsea:

"Wake up. My head hurts." -Chelsea

I got up and it wasn't long before I laughed my ass off as I cleaned the sauce off of the wall from when Chelsea chucked part of a French bread pizza at me the night before. She was really hung over that morning of the aforementioned text. We all felt like shit, as we poured ourselves glasses of more alcohol that morning. I mean, we just had to. There was some Arbor Mist in the fridge and it sounded delicious and also got rid of our headaches.

My point is, that we've started this band and we're making music and hopefully playing shows soon. And I'm sure that everyone's sick of me saying it in passing constantly, but it's true: playing with them is what makes me the happiest right now.

So, you know. There's that. Check out Chelsea's myspace page for the tracks she’s already recorded. It'll give you an idea of where we heading. Just try to imagine the songs with drums, bass (eventually) and me dancing around playing guitar like a crazy person especially when we do Scars. PS, Scars is my fav.

We'll have a myspace page ready as soon as we lay down the new versions of everything we've worked on collectively thus far. Stay tuned.

the girls next door

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I think I've mentioned that show before and I did because I love it so much. I have no idea why I love that show so much, but I do. Kelly came over the other night and we watched a few episodes and laughed our asses off. Everything is funnier when Kelly's around, but I promise, the show is funny.

I used to hate Kendra because she is so effing stupid and her laugh makes me wanna put in ear plugs. Hugh Hefner is just gross. When I watch the show, I try not to think about him having sex with any of them, because it makes me cringe. I mean, he's old and has loose skin and old balls, and gross.

But it's funny. Very funny.

This Girl Called Automatic Win

I la-la-love reading Riese's blog and watching the VLOGs and her recaps of the L word are better than the show, which to her, I guess, is not saying a whole lot. But really, truly, she is amazing. If you're not reading her stuff yet, I find that peculiar since I have a habit of mentioning her constantly.

Rori gets pissed because I ignore her when Riese has a new post. You know, there are a great many compromises to be made in any relationship, reading Riese's blog is just not something I'm willing to negotiate.

Check her out. You won't be sorry.

And lastly...

I was browsing for photos to put up of the ladies and I practicing when I stumbled upon the following photograph that me all sorts of happy. I literally LOLed:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the smile that your blog put on my face this mornig, it was so needed! Since your call last night I have been in a sad mind numbing funk. I will call you later to discuss.

La La La La La Love you

YFD

Anonymous said...

Hi pretty!!

So um... that youtube video with your name in it... makes me want to vomit dead babies. I guess I'd have to eat dead babies to do this, so basically, that video is so ridiculous it makes me want to end humankind by becoming a cannibal. I could rant about this for a while, but I won't do it on here. Maybe at home later. You're in for a real treat, my dear.

&& when Kelly made that old balls reference, I thought of Big Daddy, too. I wish she never made this comment though, & you didn't reference it again... because it makes me want to vomit dead babies. Which means I'd have to eat dead babies first...

...do you see what you're doing to me? Go watch Top Chef.

I love you.

Rachel said...

Enchanted is my favorite movie right now....I repeatedly ask Diana to watch it so that I can see and dance to the "That's how you know" song. My forum signature is "start a new fashion, wear your heart on your sleeve" from the Carrie Underwood song during the shopping scene/ending scene and credits.

.elida. said...

YFD: You are more than welcome. And I la-la-love you too.

rori: I don't even know where to begin... I really don't. You make me smile. I love you.

Rachel: Love it. My second favorite part of the movie is during that Carrie Underwood song when the new little family is dancing around through the house. I used to do that with my sisters and my Dad.